Strategic Sales Network Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: April 20, 2023
Welcome to the Strategic Sales Network! Use of the Strategic Sales Network’s services, including the services the Strategic Sales Network makes available through this website and all related web sites, mobile sites, data files, visualizations and applications which link to these terms and conditions (the “Site”) and to all software or services offered by the Strategic Sales Network in connection with any of those (the “Program” or the “Services”), is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms” or the “Agreement”), so please carefully read them before using the Services. For the purposes of these Terms, “we,” “our,” “us,” and “the Strategic Sales Network” refer to Databook Labs, Inc., the providers and operators of the Services.
This Agreement for the Services is a legal contract between you, either an individual subscriber, customer, member, or user of at least 18 years of age or a single company, organization, or entity (“you” or, collectively with other users, “Participants”) and the Strategic Sales Network regarding your use of the Services.
If you are using or opening an account with the Strategic Sales Network on behalf of a company, entity, or organization (collectively, the “Subscribing Organization”) then you represent and warrant that you: (i) are an authorized representative of that entity with the authority to bind such entity to these Terms; (ii) have read these Terms; (iii) understand these Terms, and (iv) agree to these Terms on behalf of such Subscribing Organization.
Please read these Terms carefully to ensure that you understand each provision. This Agreement contains a mandatory individual arbitration and class action/jury trial waiver provision that requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Program is open to Participants who are age 18 years or older at the time of entry. It is free for anyone to join. By participating in the Program, you agree to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes (though we will absolutely do our best to proactively keep everyone informed of any changes along the way.)
2. HOW TO REGISTER. To register for the Program, please visit www.strategicsales.com, accurately and truthfully complete the online registration form, agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and follow the other instructions at the website listed above. In the course of registering for or using the Services, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including your name, contact information, username and password (“Credentials”). The Strategic Sales Network handles such information with the utmost attention, care and security. Nonetheless, you, not the Strategic Sales Network, shall be responsible for maintaining and protecting your Credentials in connection with the Services. If your contact information or other information relating to your account changes, you must notify us promptly and keep such information current. You are solely responsible for any activity using your Credentials, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Credentials or if your email or password has been hacked or stolen. If you discover that someone is using your Credentials without your consent, or you discover any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
3. ETIQUETTE. Our community is open to revenue professionals around the world. We welcome members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. All Participants are required to be respectful and considerate of one another at all times, and everyone is to adhere to our policies around no solicitation, no selling, and no spam. This is a community to connect, learn, and collaborate. Please use the platform for those purposes, and those purposes alone. Interactions are meant to be constructive, ceasing to include any kind of personal attacks or harassment. Everyone is expected to follow the law, and no illegal activities will be condoned.
We reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to monitor, flag, and remove user-generated content if it is deemed inappropriate, objectionable, harmful or violent at our sole discretion. At any point, Participants may have their accounts suspended or terminated for any reason deemed by the Strategic Sales Network team. For instructions on how to report potentially inappropriate content to the Strategic Sales Network team, please visit this page.
4. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND GUIDELINES. Certain features of the Program (“Individual Services”) may have their own terms and conditions that you must agree to when you sign up for or subscribe to that particular product, function, or service (each an “Individual Service Agreement”). An Individual Service Agreement supplements these Terms and is hereby incorporated by reference. If any term of these Terms expressly conflicts with any term of an Individual Service Agreement, the conflicting term in the Individual Service Agreement will control. All other terms and conditions of each agreement will remain in full force and effect. Further, you may be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to specific services and features which may be posted from time to time (the “Guidelines”). All such Guidelines are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
5. REWARDS. From time to time, we may offer rewards programs, promotions, or giveaways in connection with the Program (“Rewards Programs”). For additional information regarding our currents Rewards Programs, please visit this page. Participation in our Rewards Programs are entirely voluntary.
6. CONTRIBUTED AND SHARED CONTENT. All Participants are welcome (and encouraged) to share their thoughts, ideas, and opinions around sales and revenue generation topics within the platform. Any and all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) created, transmitted, published or displayed through use of the Services by Participants shall be referred to as “User Content.”
You acknowledge that any User Content posted to the platform is being contributed from a variety of Participants from all over the world, with varying degrees of industry knowledge, expertise, and accuracy. Therefore, the Strategic Sales Network cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of each piece of contributed User Content to the platform. Please be advised to use discretion when referencing the User Content for personal and professional purposes.
The sharing of materials posted within the platform and collaboratively created by Participants is highly encouraged. By sharing it outside of the platform on social media, in-person, or on any third party websites, it is required to credit the Strategic Sales Network by providing written attribution to the website and including a direct link back to the website. Not adhering to this policy may result in a takedown notice being issued.
In addition to the public space of the platform, some Participants may start or join invite-only Private Groups. The same policies regarding etiquette and content apply to these Private Groups. Information posted and shared within Private Groups should remain in there, and not make its way to the general community (unless the express written consent of the originator of such information has been granted.)
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that the Strategic Sales Network has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) User Content, and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which the Strategic Sales Network may suffer) in connection with such User Content. If you are registering for these Services on behalf of an organization, you also agree that you are also responsible for the actions of associated Participants and for any User Content that such associated Participants might upload, record, publish, post, link to, or otherwise transmit or distribute through use of the Services. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the Strategic Sales Network does not control or actively monitor User Content uploaded by Participants and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content. You acknowledge that by using the Services, you may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the Strategic Sales Network be liable in any way for any such materials.
The Strategic Sales Network may refuse to store, provide, or otherwise maintain your User Content for any or no reason. The Strategic Sales Network may remove your User Content from the Services at any time if you violate these Terms or if the Services are canceled or suspended. If User Content is stored using the Services with an expiration date, the Strategic Sales Network may also delete the User Content as of that date. User Content that is deleted may be irretrievable. You agree that the Strategic Sales Network has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any User Content or other communications maintained or transmitted through use of the Services.
The Strategic Sales Network reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to monitor and remove User Content from the Services, in its discretion. You agree to immediately take down any User Content that violates these Terms, including pursuant to a takedown request from the Strategic Sales Network. The Strategic Sales Network also reserves the right to directly take down such Content.
By submitting, posting or otherwise uploading User Content on or through the Services you give the Strategic Sales Network a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license as set below:
- with respect to User Content that you submit, post or otherwise make publicly or generally available via the Services (e.g. public forum posts), the license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute , publicly perform, and publicly display such User Content (in whole or part) worldwide via the Services or otherwise, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any legal business purpose; and
7. OWNERSHIP; PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The Services and any information and software received in connection therewith are exclusively owned and operated by the Strategic Sales Network and the Strategic Sales Network’s licensors. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software, services, and all other elements of the Services provided by the Strategic Sales Network, but expressly excluding any of the foregoing owned or licensed by and posted to the Services at the direction of Participants (including without limitation User Content) (“Materials”) are protected by intellectual property and other applicable laws. Except for any technology licensed by the Strategic Sales Network, which is owned by and provided by our third-party licensors, all Materials contained in the Services, including without limitation the intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are the property of the Strategic Sales Network or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to the Strategic Sales Network or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Materials or the intellectual property rights therein or thereto, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Services, including without limitation about how to improve the Services or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Strategic Sales Network under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Strategic Sales Network does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Strategic Sales Network, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Except as provided in Section 6, the Strategic Sales Network] acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any User Content that you create, upload, submit, post, transmit, share or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that User Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with the Strategic Sales Network, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that the Strategic Sales Network has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
8. LICENSE FROM THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE. the Strategic Sales Network gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the Site and Services solely to allow you to access the Services for your non-commercial or internal business purposes, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to): (i) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Services or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by the Strategic Sales Network, in writing; or (ii) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Services or any applications running on the Services.
You may not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
You may not rent, lease, provide access to or sublicense any elements of the Services to a third party or use the Services on behalf of or to provide services to third parties
You may not access the Services in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas.
You may not access the Services for the purpose of bringing an intellectual property infringement claim against the Strategic Sales Network or for the purpose of creating a product or service competitive with the Services. You may not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic program or device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way gather data or information (including User Content) from the Services.
You agree that you will not upload, record, publish, post, link to, transmit or distribute User Content, or otherwise utilize the Services in a manner that: (i) advocates, promotes, incites, instructs, informs, assists or otherwise encourages violence or any illegal activities; (ii) infringes or violates the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of any third party or the Strategic Sales Network, or any rights of publicity or privacy of any party; (iii) attempts to mislead others about your identity or the origin of a message or other communication, or impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any other person or entity, or is otherwise materially false, misleading, or inaccurate; (iv) promotes, solicits or comprises inappropriate, harassing, abusive, profane, hateful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, vulgar, pornographic or otherwise objectionable or unlawful content or activity; (v) is harmful to minors; (vi) utilizes or contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or any other similar software, data, or programs that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, personal information, or property of another; or (vii) violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising).
9. THIRD-PARTY SITES, THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION. The Services may call the servers of other websites or services solely at the direction of and as a convenience to Participants (“Third Party Sites”). The Strategic Sales Network makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, or other material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through Third-Party Sites. Access and use of Third Party Sites, including the information, material, products, and services on such sites or available through such sites, is solely at your own risk.
You acknowledge that the Strategic Sales Network does not manage or control the User Content that you access, store or distribute through the Services, and accepts no responsibility or liability for that information regardless of whether such User Content is transmitted to or by you in breach of these Terms. The Strategic Sales Network makes no warranty with respect to such User Content you may access, store or distribute through the Services. In particular, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Strategic Sales Network makes no warranty that such User Content will be free of any virus, worm, trojan horse, easter egg, time bomb, cancelbot, or other destructive or malicious code or programs. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Strategic Sales Network with respect to third party and/or User Content that you choose to access, store or distribute, through the Services.
11. FORCE MAJEURE. The Strategic Sales Network shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance whatsoever due to Acts of God, earthquakes, shortages of supplies, transportation difficulties, labor disputes, riots, war, fire, epidemics and similar occurrences. The obligations and rights of the Strategic Sales Network shall be extended on a day-to-day basis for a period of time equivalent to the period of the delay.
You may terminate these Terms at any time by ceasing use of the platform or issuing a formal request by messaging the Community Director. Your request will be reviewed as soon as possible.
You agree that the Strategic Sales Network, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate your account or any part thereof. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services may be without prior notice, and you agree that the Strategic Sales Network will not be liable to you or any third party for such termination.
Upon any termination of the Services or your account these Terms will also terminate, but all provisions of these Terms which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
13. CHANGES TO THE TERMS. These Terms may be amended or updated from time to time without notice and may have changed since your last visit to the Site or use of the Services. It is your responsibility to review these Terms for any changes. By continuing to access or use the Services after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, please stop using the Services. Please visit this page regularly to review these Terms for any changes.
14. DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES.
THE SERVICES AND ANY MATERIALS OR USER CONTENT, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (I) THE SERVICES IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES; AND (II) THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ISSUES OR HARM ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR ANY DATA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN THIRD PARTY OR USER CONTENT, MATERIAL, OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER HARM THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY OR USER PROVIDED INFORMATION, MATERIAL, OR DATA. THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE DELETION, CORRECTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, LOSS, OR FAILURE TO STORE OR MAINTAIN ANY THIRD-PARTY OR USER CONTENT. NEITHER THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK NOR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, OR PARTNERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE FURNISHED THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS OR OMISSIONS THEREIN NOR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSSES OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY) THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK, EVEN IF THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK OR A THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK’S OR ITS AFFILIATES’, CONTRACTORS’, EMPLOYEES’, AGENTS’, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS’, LICENSOR’S, OR SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS, (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DAY THE ACT OR OMISSION OCCURRED THAT GAVE RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK HAS OFFERED ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS IN RELIANCE UPON THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, THAT THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES (INCLUDING THE RISK THAT A CONTRACT REMEDY MAY FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND CAUSE CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS), AND THAT THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK.
16. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Strategic Sales Network and its subsidiaries, agents, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (a) your use of and access to the Services, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; (b) your violation of any term of these Terms, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or intellectual property rights; (d) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (e) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any other data that are submitted via your account; (f) sharing or other disclosure of the Services or any component of the Services, including any data, outside of the scope of the terms of this Agreement; or (g) any other party’s access and use of the Services with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code. The Strategic Sales Network will have the right to control the defense, settlement, adjustment or compromise of any such claims, actions or proceedings by using counsel selected by the Strategic Sales Network. The Strategic Sales Network will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claims, actions, or proceedings upon becoming aware of the same.
17. COPYRIGHT POLICY
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Name: Matt Conley, Copyright Manager
Attn: DMCA Notice
Company: Databook Labs Inc.
Address: 3000 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Telephone: (650) 319-7346
Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
18. GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER.
Governing Law. You agree that: (a) the Services shall be deemed solely based in California; and (b) the Services shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that these Terms evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of these Terms shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Santa Clara County, California for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that Santa Clara County, California is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings if the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
Arbitration. Read this section carefully because it requires the parties to arbitrate their disputes and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from the Strategic Sales Network. For any dispute with the Strategic Sales Network, you agree to first contact us at Support@strategicsales.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that the Strategic Sales Network has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in Santa Clara County, California, unless you and the Strategic Sales Network agree otherwise. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing the Strategic Sales Network from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, intellectual property or other proprietary rights. You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section by emailing us at Support@strategicsales.com. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration.
Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. WITH RESPECT TO ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE OBTAINED OR USED THE SERVICES FOR PERSONAL, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES, ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND THE STRATEGIC SALES NETWORK ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
19. NO WAIVER. No waiver of rights under this Agreement by either party shall constitute a waiver of this or any other right under this Agreement.
20. SEVERABILITY. In the event that any term of this Agreement becomes or is declared illegal by any court of competent jurisdiction, such term(s) shall be null and void and shall be deemed deleted from this Agreement. All remaining terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
21. NO AGENCY. Neither party has the right or authority to, and shall not, assume or create any obligation of any nature whatsoever on behalf of the other party or bind the other party in any respect whatsoever.
22. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement, including the agreements incorporated by reference, is the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof and replaces any prior oral or written communications between the parties.
23. ASSIGNMENT. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Strategic Sales Network without restriction.
24. CLAIMS. You and the Strategic Sales Network agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
25. DISCLOSURES. The Services are offered by Databook Labs Inc., located at 350 Cambridge Ave, Suite 130, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA and can be reached via email at Support@strategicsales.com or telephone at 415-671-5436. If you are a California resident, (a) you may have this same information emailed to you by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your email address and a request for this information; and (b) in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (650) 451-7815.